We are very excited to invite you to submit your spirits brand to participate in the upcoming 4th Annual MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS COMPETITION (“MISC”) taking place in the heart of Melbourne on July 11th 2017. This competition stands out as the only international spirits competition in the Pacific Region where all the judges are real trade buyers judging the spirits by its category and actual price.
• All spirits are judged by every brand’s TRUE key trade target – buyers, retail stores, restaurant & bar owners, distributors and importers. Unlike other competitions, these expert TRADE ONLY judges and their opinions have immediate impact and the ability to make a direct influence on sales and a brand’s bottom line. The judges are judging the spirits as if they are buying for their business.
• Each product category has a sub category for pricing. Therefore, a spirit will be judged in its category along with other spirits in its same price range. Each category will have its own pricing levels and details are listed on the submission form. For example, $35 bourbon will be placed into a judging category alongside $40 bourbon and not a $70 bourbon. The judges will know the actual retail price for the spirit they are judging.
• Brands will be rated on a set of criteria including appearance, aroma, taste, mouthfeel and finish. Upon completion of the tastings, panelists will confer and decide which spirits are award worthy.
• Award levels are Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Double Gold: Phenomenal Product for Buyers
- Gold: Buyers “Love” It
- Silver: Buyers “Like” It
- Bronze: Buyers will purchase it
• Double Gold award winners will be re-tasted by all panelists to establish which brands may be eligible to receive a ‘Best of Category’ endorsement in its pricing category
• Open to all commercially produced spirits made in Australia or Internationally.
BENEFITS AND VISIBILITY:
The MISC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
• All winning brands will be listed on the NYISC site with its image and link to their website.
• The results of the MISC will be promoted vigorously to trade and consumer media. There will be media onsite reporting on the competition.
• Winning brands will receive an actual 2” medal to represent their win.
• There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icons in their marketing or promotional materials.
• The media sponsors will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners
• There will be a formal press release disseminated on behalf of the MISC announcing the winners within two weeks of the competition.
• MISC and its sister competitions International Beverage Competitions New York International Spirits Competition (NYISC) and Berlin International Spirits Competition (BISC) will be exhibiting at ProWein in Dusseldorf March 2017 to showcase the top winners of the NYISC and BISC. There will be no additional charge for the selected winners to participate in the trade show.
Submission fees start at AUD $150 online. Submissions may be done online through www.thedatastill.com The submission form may be downloaded at the MISC website. The submission process starts March 1st 2016.
Submissions to be sent. Please register before you send samples.
Liquor Logistics Pty Ltd.
C/O Melbourne International Spirits Competition
Unit 1, 365 Plummer Street
Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207
Tel +61 386521989 / Fax +61 386521989
The deadline for receipt of entry is June 28th, 2016. All submissions must be in the warehouse by June 4th, 2017 to be judged by the full panel. In the end all spirits submitted to the competition will be judged. You can register now.
Tel +61 386521989
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS